Yesterday!!!

>> Thursday, June 26, 2008

yesterday something reminded me of a small write up from Paul Coelho in which he very effectively pointed out one fact. He had apparently gone to visit some church in Peru after making a long arduous journey. When he reached the church finally, it was afternoon and since he had to leave early this was the only time he would have to visit the church. As he began to go towards the door, a watchman stopped him forbidding him to enter the church. He stated that it was not the time when the doors of the church are open. At this, Paul disregarded and ignored the watchman and opened the doors of the church. (he had only this chance to see it after a long journey)
The watchman did not do anything and Paul had the purpose of his visit fulfilled. The moral/take away was that do not give too much, undue importance to an individual's words at times.

I left a little earlier from office to finish a few errands, and visit a painting exhibition(since it was the last day for that exhibit) yesterday. I got lost and called up the gallery asking them for directions. After locating the gallery, I parked and entered the main gate. It was 3 minutes past 6 and the watchman tells me that the time is done and even though all he has to do is flip on the lights and allow me a peek, he is not willing. It is not even 5 mins past 6 o clock and added to that the paintings are still on the wall.
What is the use of this kind of time stricklerness that people use?
I can understand if I were asking for too much bother but no, it was a simple peek. No one was there as it is. But still he thought he gained that power in not allowing me to have a look at it.
It is these kind of people who I term as 'Not gates'.
Anybody who has come across this term in their physics text will understand the implication of this term immediately. They have nothing to gain out of taking a particular stand but they do it just because it gives them that importance. Sometimes of being different, sometimes of being the one to oppose, sometimes attention etc. But they just take the most opposite stand possible.

Anyways I think at times we also take milder versions of these in daily life without even realizing it. This just serves to remind me to be careful the next time.

0 comments:

How many

  © Blogger template Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP