The Charm of Short Stories

>> Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I think that as other forms of writing surface, the charm of a well written short story is slowly fading away. The main magic in a short story to me seemed the short span in which that author was able to craft the whole piece. This is no longer the case. These days the writer many times, takes longer spaces to actually describe and build up the tempo.
Even when these were filmed the short, one episodic stories telecast ed on the national television are still imprinted on the memory. The remake of the story of an old man, painting a leaf green to save one of the girls (artists) who were close to him and died of pneumonia himself; is very clear in my memory even though I have seen it nearly 15-20 years ago. These were the stories that warmed to the heart of the audience.
Impactful, moving, potent short stories are a rarity these days. But incase I am mistaken and anyone has a suggestion, please do no hesitate to correct me.

0 comments:

How many

  © Blogger template Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP