Another fort

>> Monday, July 21, 2008

Yesterday we visited/trekked up another fort -Lohghad.
I was really curious/amazed/excited to see the indigenous raincoats fashioned out of cane and plastics.
They have this cane/wooden enclosure(used to make like baskets might have even used vines) which is covered with some plastics. I am sure it serves their purpose of planting rice/paddy more than the conventional rains. They have to go on working even if it is raining cats and dogs. They have to keep the planting going on.(That is something that I could verify only if I were caught in a rain in that raincoat.) But just so that you can also get a look at what I am talking about i post a picture.

1 comments:

Namrata July 21, 2008 at 3:46 PM  

hey nobody invited me.. and where did you manage getting those cane bags.. we didnt see them when we visited.. they really look neat.. :)

How many

  © Blogger template Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP