Pondering...

>> Friday, June 20, 2008

I actually was just visiting artist blogs and came across this beautiful poem/write up that actually got me thinking.

Lost… a Word

I lost a word yesterday,
Unguarded, from my tongue;
It slipped into the atmosphere -
Then trouble had begun.

A dozen others followed it;
They filled the room with grief,
No matter then what word was said,
It could not bring relief.

If only I had stopped that word
Before it crossed my lips,
My day had been a happy one-
And sweet with fellowships.

I think I wasted yesterday,
Hurt self as well as friend,
Today I want to watch my words,
And let not one offend.

-Gertrude McDaniel

How do we actually think?? especially when we have gone into an argument gives a lot of insight on how we actually deal with things that do not go our way.

I wonder at what point of time in an argument does the ego(or whatever it is- self righteousness, dignity, respect) actually turn the tide from the situation to what we have to say and feel at the time.. We all logically know that two wrongs do not make a right and that at times(not always) it is better to respect the time rather than one lost word. But invariably it is that lost word which gets the better of us and we loose many other words in the same stream having spoilt the whole moment in time. Then we wonder why we are not entitled to enjoying that one moment which we have lost. Here it is important to point that it is not only the person in front but partly you are too responsible in that event.


To end I will say though that in small day to day squabbles nothing beats making up nice and happy just like the cartoons!!!!



1 comments:

Anonymous July 9, 2008 at 11:35 AM  

hey those were nice lines wherever u found them from... ;)

n i hope i learn sumthin frm it n guard my tongue...

i might include this poem in my blog sumtime, so that my readers dont post swear comments... hehe

ur water color paintings r also gud... takes me back 2 skool, becoz i havnt touched water colors after that...

How many

  © Blogger template Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP