Julie and Julia

>> Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hi,

Being movie buffs and special favorite being Meryl Streep; we watched Julie and Julia.
I liked the movie a lot (which happens many a times). The different thing this time though is that the movie has still not left my mind. It is still lodged in there.
Here I cannot say that it is because it is a fabulous , outstanding movie ( I have seen more movies of that category as well). It is mainly because the main theme is very 'us' and representative of our time contrasted very nicely with the time in past when typewriters were technological gizmos.

Also the fact that this lady -Julie has some frustrating incidents in her expedition and I can so recognize them having been through some of those days myself.
Also her dedication to an exercise/project/endeavor is also very believable. she has an image of her favorite author and she lives through the year and its ups and downs with the lessons she assumes/imagines from the author.
Even when she receives a response which is not so encouraging from the author via a reporter, her husband actually tells her that it is the image of the author in her mind that is more important.(you have to see this movie to understand the context).

Anyhow all in all that is a very impressionable movie to me because of the time and frame of mind when I watched it.
PS: I agree with Julie's idea os butter and eggs!!!!


0 comments:

How many

  © Blogger template Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP