Too much Violence?

>> Friday, September 26, 2008

I have heard of parents complaining about Tom and Jerry being too violent!!!!!
Being an ardent fan of the same toon strip I find this one a little hard to digest. Anyhow that brings me to the portrayal of violence since history.
I am pointing to the gruesome past.origins of the famous nursery rhymes!!!! Like Jack and Jill based onthe beheading of King Louis XVI - Jack -who was beheaded (lost his crown) followed by his Queen Marie Antoinette - Jill - (who came tumbling after).
(you can look it up in google) and oranges and lemons based on one of those as well.

But since the kids do not know these they hardly realize the history behind( which to me is great they do not at that age need to know everything!!!!)

0 comments:

How many

  © Blogger template Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP