Trials with watercolors

>> Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Watercolors:

I like transparent elusive quality that the technique lends to the subject esp the greens (when we actually succeed in capturing and rendering the right tree/grass/ foliage colors).

I always try to imitate a lot of paintings and techniques and am still in the phase of figuring out the right mix which works for me. It seems simple at times and proves much more than I could handle and vice versa. I still have to learn to render my own observations in a palette that complements it so that is why I am learning to paint via the most commonly known way-- try to paint and catch your mistakes.



I have learnt that when I imitate any painting, it is only half as good as the original(owing to my present talent pool in this particular technique). I think that is the reason why I try to find extremely good pictures to copy from so that I am atleast near to something that I would eventually like to see. Just like the quote" aim at the stars .. even if you fall you will be a lot higher from where you began.."

But all in all, I can see a visible improvement from when I actually began this journey of exploring watercolors.

0 comments:

How many

  © Blogger template Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP